debbie in wonderland

Friday, January 06, 2006

Our newliest weds


Shani and Elan, Thanksgiving Day, 2004

I made the Chupah, which is now a quilt for their home.

This was about 4 months into my quilting adventure and it took much longer than I thought it would, so I brought it on the plane to Israel, where they got married, with the binding half-done and finished it there.

I hadn't had time to quilt it, so I tied it and after the wedding I offered to take it back and quilt it, but my daughter, knowing very well my tendency to procrastinate, decided to keep it as is.

The colors of the triangles represent the bride and groom. Shani means red in Hebrew and Elan means tree, hence the burgundy color and leafy prints in beige, forest green, navy and browns. I thought the colors had a regal look to them, in keeping with the tradition of treating the bride and groom like royalty on their wedding day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home